Pumpkin Boneyard is a recurring location in the Newer Super Mario Bros. series. It is a haunted area with orange grass, soot-color soil, and a pumpkin motif, with pumpkins appearing as background elements and gameplay elements alike.
The world seems to be based on the holiday of Halloween, with imagery including jack-o'-lanterns, haunted houses, graveyards, and dark areas.
Pumpkin Boneyard first appeared as World 6 of Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is south of Freezeflame Glacier, the previous world, and is overlooked by Sky Mountain, the next. The world includes cemeteries, haunted mansions, and shipwrecks, among other landmarks. Boolossus is the boss of the tower, Spookloft Tower, and the castle, Delusion Castle. Larry Koopa is the boss of Shipwreck Galleon.
In Newer Super Mario Bros. DS, the world reappears as World 4, having a very similar visual style. Levels include expansive caves and a new shipwreck. Pumpkin Boneyard is adjacent to Dorrie's Island to the west and Moonview Glacier to the east. It is the only world to return in Newer Super Mario Bros. DS.
- 6-1: Bonechill Shaft
- 6-2: Pumpkin Road
- 6-3: Fog Cemetery
- 6-A: Colosuss House
- 6-Tower: Spookloft Tower
- 6-4: Glowlit Manor
- 6-5: Moonlit Woods: The First Level with the Angry Moon.
- 6-6: Cawcaw Treeway
- 6-7: Gloomsilt Lake
- 6-8: Sunken Boneyard
- 6-Castle: Delusion Castle
- 6- Airship: Shipwreck Galleon
- The Entrance to World E can be accessed after completing the secret exit for 6-7 then completing 6-8.
- The Haunted Music House, the official music house of World 6, can be acceseed after completing 6-7.
- Challenge House F can be accessed after completing 6-A.
- The Haunted Emporium can be accessed after completing 6-A. It sells:
- 1 Star Coin: Mushroom
- 2 Star Coins: Fire Flower/Super Star
- 3 Star Coins: Propeller Mushroom
- 5 Star Coins: 2 Mini Mushrooms & Propeller Mushroom
- 8 Star Coins: 4 Propeller Mushrooms & 1 Mushroom
The bosses for Pumpkin Boneyard.
6-A: In Shipwreck Galleon, you fight Larry Koopa, one of the Koopalings.
|Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii worlds|
|W1 Yoshi's Island • WA Goldwood Forest • W2a Rubble Ruins • W2b Soggy Sewers • WB Mini-Mega Island • W3 Mushroom Peaks • W4 Sakura Village • WC Sky City • W5a Freezeflame Glacier • W5b Freezeflame Volcano • WD Crystal Caves • W6 Pumpkin Boneyard • WE Bombard Cliffs • W7a Sky Mountain • W7b Starry Skies • W8a Koopa Planet • W8b Koopa Core • W9 Bonus Land|
|Newer Super Mario Bros. DS worlds|
|W1 Goldleaf Plains • W2 Crystal Sewers • W3 Dorrie's Island • W4 Pumpkin Boneyard • W5 Moonview Glacier • W6 Lunar Realm • W7 Cirrus Heavens • W8 Koopa Country|