Rubble Ruins is a desert world.
|Level number||Level name||Preview||Description|
|2-1||Cactus Cove||This level serves as an introduction to the desert-themed world.|
|(levels 2-2 through 2-Tower are in Soggy Sewers)|
|2-5||Barrelband Wilds||It is a desert full of Pokeys and Spikes.|
|2-6||Urchin Seasands||It takes place in a sandy lake filled with Urchins.|
|2-7||Windworn Dunes||It takes place in a windy area of Rubble Ruins.|
|2-8||Searing Sands||Watch out! Angry Sun is lurking around this level, following Mario's every move and ready to make his day a bit hotter...|
|2-9||Pillar Pass||It takes place in an area filled with pillars, Boomerang Bros and Fire Bros. This level has a secret exit that leads to Mini-Mega Island.|
|2-A||Fossil Tunnel||A handy hidden shortcut which cuts through a nearby cave and goes straight to the Castle.|
|2-Castle||Pyramid Castle||A pyramid full of statues of Bowser's minions. Certainly nothing creepy about that. What if they came alive? That couldn't happen.. or could it?|
|2-Airship||Sandship||This airship hovers over the dusty desert of Rubble Ruins. Roy Koopa awaits at the end of the level.|
Other Buildings in Rubble Ruins/Soggy Sewers:
- Dusty Drugstore is the official shop for World 2. It is accessible after completing 2-1. Despite its title, it doesn't sell drugs.
- To access the entrance to Mini-Mega Island, You must complete 2-A.
- To access the Desert Music House, you have to complete 2-7.
- Challenge House B can be accessed after completing 2-3.
The 2 out of 3 bosses for World 2.
- 2-C: In Pyramid Castle, you fight King Thwomp for the final time.
- 2-A : In Sandship, you fight Roy Koopa, one of the Koopalings.