Sakura Village is based off of Sakura, Japan, with bamboo stalks, cherry blossom trees, Mario-like monk statues, and Shy Guys. Sky Mountain and Mushroom Peaks's mountains overlap the northern part of the world.
4-1: Bamboo Steppes A rural grassland introducing tall bamboo stalks.
4-2: Flipblock Orchard
4-3: Cherry Falls
4-4: Petal Lake
4-Tower: Blossom Tower
A Shy Guy filled Japanese Tower where Samerguy is first fought.
4-5: Vine Chasm
4-A: Hilltop Town
4-Green Switch: The Green Switch Palace
4-6: Rooftop Hop
4-7: Thunder Bridge: A stormy outlook at a rain-drenching bridge The Lightning Cloud from Mario Kart Wii appears here only.
4-Castle: Samurai Castle
A dojo themed castle where Samerguy is last fought.
4-Airship: Nutscrew Airship
Other buildings in Sakura Village:
- Sakura Souvenirs is the official shop for Sakura Village. It can be accessed after completing 4-4 through its secret exit. It sells:
- 1 Star Coin: Mushroom
- 2 Star Coins: Fire Flower/ 1-Up Mushroom
- 3 Star Coins: Hammer
- 5 Star Coins: 3 1-Up Mushrooms
- 8 Star Coins: 2 Propeller Mushrooms, Ice Flower, Fire Flower, and 1-Up Mushroom.
- The Green Switch Palace is the second of the four switch palaces. It can only be accessed after completing 4-A.
- Challenge House D can be acceseed after completing 4-6.
- World C can be acceseed after completing 4-A by its secret exit.
- 4-T: In Blossom Tower, you fight Samerguy for the first time.
- 4-C: In Samurai Castle, you fight Samerguy for the final time.
- 4-A: In Nutscrew Airship, you fight Lemmy Koopa, one of the Koopalings.