Yoshi's Island is a jungle island archipelago with beaches, ponds, and ruined temples. The cliffs of the lush wooded areas are raised high above the shores.
Yoshi's Island can be seen right after the starting cutscene.
- 1-1, Palm Beach: A beach level. Yoshi is first encountered here.
- 1-2, Yoshi Woods: A forest filled with enemies, segueing into a small cavern.
- 1-Shop, Island Store: An item shop accessed by completing Yoshi Woods.
- 1-Egg, Yoshi's House: At Yoshi's House, you will find Mario trivia once you activate the Switch Palaces.
- 1-3, Springwater Swamp: A swamp home to Cheep-Cheeps, Wigglers, and Urchins.
- 1-4, Growing Greenwood: A poisonous lakefront by the southern shore of the island.
- 1-Tower, Timber Tower: A tower disguised as a tree, with many Koopa Troopas inside. Giga Fuzzy is fought at the top, and Kamek is seen for the first time.
- 1-5, Fuzzy Canyon: A bridge where Fuzzies roam on track, and platforms must be used to cross.
- 1-6, Rainshed Pond: A lake filled with Cheep-Cheeps. Goldwood Forest can be accessed from here.
- 1-7, Tangle Temple: An ancient temple filled with vines to swing on.
- 1-8, Switch Shift Grove: A shifting forest that changes when ? Switches are hit, allowing the player to progress. The Yellow Switch Palace can be accessed from here.
- 1-Switch, The Yellow Switch Palace: This Switch Palace contains a Yellow Switch that solidifies the yellow Dotted Line Blocks across the land.
- 1-Challenge House, Challenge House A: Collect all the Mini Stars before the time runs out for a special prize!
- 1-Castle, Creepcrack Castle: A castle of ancient ruins and traps. Giga Fuzzy is fought here for the second time.
- 1-Airship, Derelict Airship: A docked airship to the east coast of Yoshi's Island. Iggy Koopa is battled here.
Other buildings in Yoshi's Island are:
- Yoshi's House is accessible after completing 1-1. You'll want to come back after you pressed all the switches from the switch palaces...
- Island Store is one of the many stores in this game. It is accessible after completing 1-2. It sells:
- 1 Star Coin: Mushroom
- 2 Star Coins: Fire Flower/Ice Flower
- 3 Star Coins: Propeller Mushroom
- 5 Star Coins: 2 Fire Flowers & Ice Flower
- 8 Star Coins: 2 Mushrooms, 1-up Mushroom, and 2 Propeller Mushrooms.
- Challenge House A is the First Challenge House you will probably see. It is accessible after completing 1-7.
- The Yellow Switch Palace is one of the four swith palaces in the game. It is accessible after completing 1-8 through the secret exit.
- The entrance to World A (Goldwood Forest) can be accessed after completing 1-6 through the secret exit.
The Bosses for World 1. (Yoshi's Island)
- 1-T: In Timber Tower, you fight King Fuzzy for the first time.
- 1-C: In Creepcrack Castle, you fight King Fuzzy for the second and the final time.
- 1-A: In Derelict Airship, you fight Iggy Koopa, one of the Koopalings.
|Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii worlds|
|W1 Yoshi's Island • WA Goldwood Forest • W2a Rubble Ruins • W2b Soggy Sewers • WB Mini-Mega Island • W3 Mushroom Peaks • W4 Sakura Village • WC Sky City • W5a Freezeflame Glacier • W5b Freezeflame Volcano • WD Crystal Caves • W6 Pumpkin Boneyard • WE Bombard Cliffs • W7a Sky Mountain • W7b Starry Skies • W8a Koopa Planet • W8b Koopa Core • W9 Bonus Land|