"The beginnings of your Newer adventure take you through a ruined temple, a swamp, various forests and more...! With your friendly dinosaur companion at hand, of course."
Yoshi's Island is the first world in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, and the home of the Yoshies. The boss of the Tower (Timber Tower) and Castle (Creepcrack Castle) is King Fuzzy, and the Airship's boss is Iggy Koopa.
Yoshi's Island is a jungle island archipelago with beaches, a pond, a swamp, and a temple. The cliffs of the lush wooded areas are raised high above the shores.
Yoshi's Island can be seen right after the starting cutscene.
|Level number||Level name||Preview||Description|
|1-1||Palm Beach||A beach level where Yoshi is first encountered.|
|1-2||Yoshi Woods||A forest filled with enemies, segueing into a small cavern.|
|1-||Yoshi's House||At Yoshi's House, you will find Mario trivia once you activate the Switch Palaces.|
|1-3||Springwater Swamp||A swamp home to Cheep Cheeps, Wigglers, and Urchins.|
|1-4||Growing Greenwood||A poisonous lakefront by the southern shore of the island.|
|1-tower||Timber Tower||A tower disguised as a tree, with many Koopa Troopas inside. Giga Fuzzy is fought at the top, and Kamek is seen for the first time.|
|1-5||Fuzzy Canyon||A bridge where Fuzzies roam on track, and platforms must be used to cross.|
|1-6||Rainshed Pond||A lake filled with Cheep-Cheeps. Goldwood Forest can be accessed from here via secret exit.|
|1-7||Tangle Temple||An ancient temple filled with vines to swing on.|
|1-8||Switch Shift Grove||A shifting forest that changes when ? Switches are hit, allowing the player to progress. The Yellow Switch Palace can be accessed from here via secret exit.|
|1-switch||Yellow Switch Palace||This Switch Palace contains a Yellow Switch that solidifies the yellow Dotted Line Blocks across the land.|
|1-castle||Creepcrack Castle||A castle of ancient ruins and traps. Giga Fuzzy is fought here for the second time.|
|1-airship||Derelict Airship||A docked airship to the east coast of Yoshi's Island where Iggy Koopa is battled here.|
- Yoshi's House is accessible after completing 1-1. You'll want to come back after you pressed all the switches from the Switch Palaces.
- Island Store is one of the many stores in this game. It is accessible after completing 1-2.
- Challenge House A is the first Challenge House you will probably see. It is accessible after completing 1-7 or 1-8.
- The Yellow Switch Palace is one of the four Switch Palaces in the game. It is accessible after completing 1-8 through the secret exit.
- The entrance to World A (Goldwood Forest) can be accessed after completing 1-6 through the secret exit.